I suggest a campaign about ...

The Goverment Should Ban Smoking

Smoking affects so many people and i don't think that is it fair that people should be able to walk around the streets poisoning our lungs so i am campaining to make them ban public smoking

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Derek CondonDerek Condon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grow up, smoking is not the huge problem it is made out to be. Ban stupidity, ban corruption, ban the greed culture, ban many more important things than smoking in public. I take it the originator of this is a former smoker; or perhaps just paranoid about dying before they reach the ripe old age of 200. There are more important things to campaign about - pick one!

• John FreestoneJohn Freestone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noooo. Have you any idea how much more poison in the city air comes from vehicles. Try banning the internal combustion engine first. The following is about the USA, but would give similar figures here. Not only that, they have been extremely generous on car pollution compared to cigarettes. People around you would have to smoke insane numbers of cigarettes to rival the vehicle exhaust. http://www.forces.org/evidence/files/aircare.htm

• SickofbeingsickofitSickofbeingsickofit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no evidence that passive smoking can do anyone any harm at all.
        Calm down and have a cup of tea, perhaps you need a cigarette.

• MargaretMargaret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Derek. honestly, where are your manners, that is no way to speak to someone.
        Sort your self out

• derekderek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

facist. grow up, respect freedom of individual choice. move on to the criminal pollution of our environment if you really want to save our lungs.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well Graham and Nigel, (nice names btw) dont worry about people dying of passive smoking. Think about our generation. We are kids and we are being encouraged to smoke, in the long term this we lead us to dying early and the killing of the human race. If you are willing to kill yourself then go ahead, but do not kill everyone else in the process. I rest my case.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nigel, I have asthma and i agree with this campaign, i don't think it is fair that i should go around the streets worrying about inhaling disgusting smoke fumes from people who think it is alright to go around slowly killibng us,

• NigelNigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't worry about those dying of hunger, thirst, or rape victims, or those being abused or raped or even the vast numbers of peeps being made unempluyed, lets just pick on a smoker as the spawn of satan - FFS get a life and grow up you PC Clown

• grahamgraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am a smoker so what about smokers like me and others rights surely this is wrong in a free choice socitey so i dont agree at all

Feedback and Knowledge Base