I suggest a campaign about ...

UK must STOP ARMING THE WORLD

It is horrific and inexcusable that UK and USA make and distribute the majority of the World's guns, bullets and bombs - we need to STOP ARMING THE WORLD, especially the NUTTERS while pretending to be peace-keepers - let's start by STOPPING THE LONDON ARMS FAIR this September

447 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin HeapsMartin Heaps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As respectable and fair as this topic is, as others have pointed out - money talks - and you may well be feeling better about yourself for not arming the world, but then there are thousands of employed persons in the UK who make a living from this work, yes it's a terrible thing to say, and is by no means equal, but this campaign would not have a hope in hell unless real effort can be put into employment transition towards other uses of highly skilled weapon design/creation individuals.

Sorry :-/

• karen wilsonkaren wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The government says it's arms trading is "responsible" yet it is supplying human rights abusers and conflict zones. While public services are being cut, taxpayers money is spent on promoting the arms trade.

The UK is one of the leading gunrunners in the World. Out if 26 Countries that the UK has highlighted as being "countries of concern" on human rights, we sell arms to 16 of them.

The UK has sold tear gas, crowd control ammunition and fire arms to Bahrain and Libya in the last year. While uk weapons are used against civilians in the Middle-East, a UK government department and David Cameron were promoting more weapons sales in the region. This is NOT OK.

• grahamgraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we must stop this but still protect our selfs.I also do wish that we stop following what the USA does or we will end up being like the USA and not as the UK.

• DAVID A BAINESDAVID A BAINES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each individual needs to stop firing the bullets of fear, suppression hatred and anger. The violence ultimately will only stop when we all stop the war in ourselves. This is the reason to vote, vote vote for this, and to say I have stopped firing.

It originates from a reflection within ourselves.

• J. ParsonsJ. Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, let's stop arming the world and also FIGHTING the world as a U.S. proxy. Leave the U.S.A. to do its own warmongering. We know the value of our money at last, have far too little of it; we're facing a double-dip recession, dragged down by the Eurozone, which is all quite in addition to knowing, in our hearts, that we should not be propping up wars begun by the U.S. The American hegemony of world power needs to roll on without the U.K. being in a Special Relationship. Let us take our considerable wisdom and understanding of world politics and world NEED and leave Americans to their relative ignorance and delusion.

• NINA RENNIENINA RENNIE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It's very sad that this is what the UK is offering the world. Search BAE systems on Wikipedia and you can see why we should be ashamed of our biggest engineering company, with the Saudi Arabia bribery scandal still fresh in the memory. I remember reading the 'Lord of War' film script in disbelief a few years back and it's so lifelike. I wonder how many millions of Brits have absolutely no idea that their tax money goes towards this industry. http://www.conscienceonline.org.uk/

• katherine metcalfekatherine metcalfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UKTI (UK Trade & Investment) the governments trading department currently spend 50% of budget on supporting arms deals over all other UK industries. As a 'civilised' nation shouldn't we be producing a more positive export for the rest of the world!

• katherine metcalfekatherine metcalfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UKTI (UK Trade & Investment) the governments trading department currently spend 50% of budget on supporting arms deals over all other UK industries. As a 'civilised' nation shouldn't we be producing a more positive export for the rest of the world!

• Abi HaqueAbi Haque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The arms trade has a devistating impact on human rights, security and economic development. It is completely unacceptable for the UK (a supposedly enlightened country that stands for global human rights) to support such an industry - especially not with tax payers money and civil servants that should be used to work for greater peace and security. Civil servants should not be pushing private arms companies profits and adding to conflict worldwide - that is not in the interests of civil society.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This deadly trade must be stopped now and the UK should stop selling arms to countries with dubious human rights records

• Raul EirizRaul Eiriz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weapons, frontiers and money belong to hate and fear. They are unhealthy. Comes from blind ambitions...
        Common sense prefers the contrary: PEACE LOVE AND FREEDOM for ALL

• CharlotteCharlotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop this hypocrisy and mafioso mentality that the UK and USA governments are waging round the world with.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base