I suggest a campaign about ...

Challenge the Government's use of the 'Red Tape Challenge' to remove protection for wildife

The Government is currently running two consultations; one on statutory duties of local authorities and one called the 'red tape challenge'. These are hard to understand, lump many aspects of environmental, social and greenspace regulation together and are designed to remove the protections and provisions for wildlife, countryside and people secured under current law.
This petition will call on the Government for transparent consultation which people can engage with meaningfully, and which accurately deals with the breadth of provision and protection this Government aims to take away.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ann Deary FrancisAnn Deary Francis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Caroline GregoryCaroline Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are important areas of legislation and should be strengthened not abolished. If the Government hadn't made so many cuts it wouldn't be a burden on the Government to implement them would it!

This Government is supposed to be 'green', don't hold your breath.

• Geoff WhitworthGeoff Whitworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The presumption that regulations will be abolished unless sufficient people (ironically!) wade through a mound of paperwork on the site to ascertain the really important clauses, is disingenuous and very cunning.

• SoozSooz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Red Tape consultation lumps so many things together it is ridiculous. Surely there should be a consultation on each of the aspects they are talking about changing, Also lumped in with this consultation are things such as scrapping regulations around sunday opening times and the scrapping of the Hallmark.

I feel the consultation in it's entirety should be questioned. My favourite part is that the regulations will automatically be scrapped unless people make valid arguments against this.

I've also started a campaign called questioning the red tape challenge. I've seen a few other campaigns on here about it, maybe we could combine them and get some momentum going.

Sooz

Feedback and Knowledge Base