I suggest a campaign about ...

Scrap altogether the universally criticised NEW WCA test for sick/disabled people's ability to work

665 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StephenStephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lesley nealelesley neale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ATOS TESTS are NOT appropriate for many "hidden disabilities"- they are equally disabling, but you cant switch them on & off or are things that one doesn't normally do in public; ie getting washed and dressed without written instructions!

• K2K2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My quadriplegic friend was assessed by ATOS recently & he was given a "mark" of 0 out of 30 (30 needed to qualify) meaning he was suitable for any type of work. He told me that the report he got bore no relation to what he said to the "Assessor". The only thing ATOS is interested in is profit & the only way they make money is to remove people from sickness benefit. It is a completely corrupt system & needs to be changed, and quickly before people start to commit suicide as a result.

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have voted for Pats petition , and sent it on to Facebook , and other groups

• RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also get all members of your family to vote as well if not on here at least on avaaz and the pat's petition itself and any friends as well.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All 566 should vote on here for Pats Petition get that 151 going before it really is too late, if you voted for it already great, members who voted for this & didn't do so for the petition, do so please. It's a long shot but at the very least it sends a message to those trying to do this, that it can get numbers to support us & if it did suceed on here & swelled numbers more then thats a bonus we really need. Also support that Early days motion campaign posted 5/72012 to get MPs to support the motion. Whats to lose.

A simple post by them asking members would surely be democratic at the very least, seems more people respond to 38degree posts than others generally. Other than that get this 151 votes up in number on suggested campaign by encouraging our 38Degree members it is worthy of a shout!

• cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know rose britain is a rich country but it has always been kept in the top circle the main offenders who caused this mess they are worse than cowards picking on the weak who don't have the money to fight back this so called democracy is in fact a dictatorship we have to keep our pride and fight back i have no intention of rolling over and i hope all are getting as angry as i am

• RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi clifford I agree which is why I think Pats Petition is the best one to go for as it has already got 39,292 votes which is still quite a lot but unfortunately needs at least 100,000 by October. It is also on Avaaz -http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_and_review_the_cuts_to_benefits_and_services_which_are_falling_on_disabled_people_their_carers_and_families/?csZohcb

Really far too many are being short sighted about helping the sick and the disabled. Not everyone can aford private health insurance particularly if they loose their jobs. The way things are going the NHS will be privatised as well. The rates people have to live on, on benefits are not large and the UK in fact is one of the meanest in Europe. Most of the money paid to people is going on housing benefit ie to the landlords the wealthy few who own property not the people on benefits.

The sad thing is that most of these cuts would not be needed if the Government collected all its taxes, and closed down tax loopholes and took greater care not to waste public money. It really is ideology driven and not because they need to make the cuts. The cost to the public purse when more people become seriously ill through these measures is going to be greater than if they provided the help particulary financial to them now instead of trying to cut help. That old saying a stich in time is never truer than with regards benefits.

i think the time will come when all groups will have to come together to be heard this goverment thinks its invincible and to be honest the way they just keep pushing bills through regardless of public outcry and opposition it looks that way they are getting away with too much for it to be completely legal knowledge of benefit and welfare law human rights law equility act of 2010 they count on our law ignorance to win i would like to see 38degrees avaaz and other groups all come together in the future as 1 big voice i also feel the time has come to consentrate our votes 1 campaign at a time it would give each campaign more mass i am sure our 38degrees team could come up with a method to make this work i feel our votes are spread to thin over many campaigns

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope that as more information is passed on, as more people are made aware of what is going on the pressure will build. I think that when the universal credits come in and so many people's lives will be affected there will be a real out cry, as it will not only affect disabled people, but those in and out of work.I wish 38 degrees would roll out a big campaign like with bankers etc, get adverts in papers , let it be known! I try and do my bit, there are a lot of groups trying to make them selves heard

i have banged the drum quite often i can't understand why people can't see unless they get directly involved nothing will change its no good whining being a sitting room protester for those who can get out take to the streets those who can't press the button and cast that vote has everyone rolled over for gods sake pick your pride up they can't take that give yourselves a kick up the arse and get voting to much talk we are giving them the opportunity to mock and sneer at us bullies and cowards only respect people who stand up to them and this government is full of the camerons cowards gang they have not earned the right to be called men

You may well be right, my 32 year old with many health issues said that, I made her see differently. no one should sit back & give up when it is so wrong, hard it is to be positive, towards what is happening & on here, I've been very angry, cooled down & then tried again. I'm no expert,
        I just speak from the heart, when I can using simple facts. Frustrating but to do nothing is to tell them ok you are doing right by us. I can't let that happen, can any of you? Clifford is right fight back even if nothing changes you tried!

hi anonymous i fear that people are thinking whats the point they do as they please no matter who or what stands against them they are only scared of people with money because they can't dominate them thats why they pick on the poor gutless dogs in suits
        COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP AND FIGHT BACK

Add your voice to Pats e-petition suggested campaign on here too if not already done so, whats to lose, 4months left, enough taken already, nothing to lose maybe gain support, unite. Can't for life of me understand why so few have voted here either, as whats happening beggars belief & for so long. I haven't had any votes returned in 7 months on here? can you reuse by taking votes back from campaigns you supported but are not running to use to promote another cause like Pats e-petition if you haven't voterd for it before?

i think your gps and consultants findings should be the only thing needed for benefit assessment think how much money the goverment would save getting rid of atos and any such companies the success rate at appeal is high surely that tells them atos is costing them more money not saving

• Thomas MThomas M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who would want to employ me? I have Asperger's Syndrome, jock itch and my morning is my night.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base