I suggest a campaign about ...

Petition calling for the dropping of charges of aggravated tresspass against Ukuncut members

On March 26th 138 UKuncut activists were charged with aggravated tresspass after staging an entirely peaceful protest in Fortnum & Mason. At the very least this has huge significance for the future of peaceful direct action and at it's worst is political policing. UKuncut has played a prominent role in bringing corporate tax avoidance into mainstream political debate and has embarressed the government as well as the powerful corporations they've targeted. The arrest of UKuncut members is an attempt to associate them with the "violence" that occured and to vilify the group in the minds of the general public, and in so doing destroy the movement. These were, as all UKuncut actions have been, entirely peaceful. Please, please give this campaign your support.

3,745 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben BassonBen Basson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1149 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sam cowleysam cowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't like to get sucked in to conspiracy theories, but it's getting increasingly difficult not to recently.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep civil disobedience legal and don't prosecute UKUncut, why target the peaceful protesters?

• BlythBlyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The police lied to these people. The charges would not stand up in court.

• withnail1969withnail1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What was Boris going on about on Question Time last night, hasn't he seen the video evidence of F&M?

• Daniel DohertyDaniel Doherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The arrest of the 138 UKuncut activists outside Fortnum & Mason is a clear case of political policing. The citizens of Great Britain whose eyes are open to the injustice of this government and the pandering to big business will not tolerate this decision. Peaceful direct action is not a crime.

• tdtd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support ukuncut....stop the bailouts and bonuses and change the law on tax evaders NOW

• Andrew allsoppAndrew allsopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thoroughly agree with the premis of this petition. Who do you as politicians support? THE PEOPLE WHO ELECT YOU - OR TAX DODGING CORPORATIONS? These protestors should be praised for standing their ground over seriously unscrupulous practices by corporations and bankers that's leading to greater social exclusion by an ever widening wealth gap. When a cleaner pays a greater % of income in taxes than a corporation it's time to re-adjust the game. This financial situations gotten out of hand and it's high time you as govt of the day redress the rules and start taking due care and respect for the citizenry of this OUR nation. Which YOU have been granted TEMPORAREY care of by THE PEOPLE.

• clareclare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is an affront to democracy, they caused no harm to anyone and their voice was heard and so it should be, the banks and financial institutions need to be brought to heel. as do giant corporations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base