I suggest a campaign about ...

Petition calling for the dropping of charges of aggravated tresspass against Ukuncut members

On March 26th 138 UKuncut activists were charged with aggravated tresspass after staging an entirely peaceful protest in Fortnum & Mason. At the very least this has huge significance for the future of peaceful direct action and at it's worst is political policing. UKuncut has played a prominent role in bringing corporate tax avoidance into mainstream political debate and has embarressed the government as well as the powerful corporations they've targeted. The arrest of UKuncut members is an attempt to associate them with the "violence" that occured and to vilify the group in the minds of the general public, and in so doing destroy the movement. These were, as all UKuncut actions have been, entirely peaceful. Please, please give this campaign your support.

3,743 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben BassonBen Basson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1148 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • notthecrewnotthecrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the cops admitted it was an intelligence gathering exercise then it is an unlawful arrest. It is an abuse of the power to arrest. It is also actionable.

• Rupert HollandRupert Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These politically motivated arrests are an attack on everyone's freedom to protest peacefully, drop the charges immediately

• Guy SladeGuy Slade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope 38 Degrees helps to support this campaign. I don't think anyone else will if we don't

• David FisherDavid Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was on the march the day these people were arrested. I saw that they were peacefully protesting and were not involved in any way in the unnecessary scenes that followed. It's absolutely disgusting that peaceful protest is being demonised like this and I feel that stopping the judicial persecution of these people may be one of the most important battles in the ongoing resistance to the cuts being forced unnecessarily on this country by the government.

• DarcyDarcy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The occupation of Fortnum and Mason was inspiring action. We cannot stand by and watch the State and the Government criminalise these people. It is the State and the Government that will face people's justice for their crimes against democracy and humanity.

• Lydia JamesLydia James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The police are political puppets - they should be on our side to channel their efforts against the real culprits who are the tax dodgers who cannot be allowed to get away with this any longer. You have our support.

• Afsaneh GrayAfsaneh Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can't let what happened stop the peaceful, inventive and well-targeted protest UKuncut is known for.

• HannahHannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely supporting UKuncut. No need for 'aggravated trespass' charges when it was a peaceful protest.

1 2 8 10 12 57 58

Feedback and Knowledge Base