I suggest a campaign about ...

Dirty Minds Campaign // The Education system is stifling children's fertile minds for creativity

Children are born with the greatest fertile minds for the growth of creativity and imagination. This natural talent allows children to explore, take risks with what they think and look for what is possible.

Our children enter into an education system that is supposed to support these fertile minds and allow them to grow and blossom into great creative thinkers. Sadly the system is too linear and is stifling creativity and reducing the motivation to learn. Creativity in schools has been stigmatised with picking up a paint brush and pencil. This is where the dirty minds idea comes in. Creativity is not about how gifted children are in relation to art but how creative their thinking is.

"Although the hand is identified with craft, materiality can be thought as well as felt. You can hear the click of a well constructed sentence being assembled in your head. You can feel the stretch of a good mental workout. You don't need to get your hands dirty to be a craftsperson; you need to get your minds dirty."

Julie Lasky (Design Observer)

In the recover of a recession it is creativity that we need the most to solve the problems of society. David Cameron is backing Entrepreneurs to "Drive Economic Growth" so it is vital for our education system to be reformed so we can produce more Dirty Minds that can challenge and create new ways for our society to function and move forward.

For more information on my we need to reform our education system please visit Sir Ken Robinsons excellent animation on Changing Education Pardigms

www.thersa.org/events/vision/archive/sir-ken-robinson

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CHRIS MCCAFFREYCHRIS MCCAFFREY shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...