I suggest a campaign about ...

Train fares - Unfair.

The railways of Britain are the backbone of the transport industry. With the rising fuel prices, rail transport is becoming far more appealing as a means of getting places, yet rail fares are constantly mounting. A reduction in train fares would incentivise the public to use this valuable utility, therefore reducing congestion on the roads, reducing national C02 emissions as well as motoring accidents.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    William PopeWilliam Pope shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • andyandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also argue that I don't see the point of peak fares. At a time when people are trying to be encouraged to use trains instead of cars to work, why is it more expensive to travel at peak times? Fares should be the same all times of the day. Otherwise you discourage people from using trains and its not as if people are paying for a better service at peak anyway.

• TyroTyro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If more trains were added to our network, frequency increased and fares were drastically cut it would encourage many more people to use them and cut road traffic. The same can be said for buses !

Feedback and Knowledge Base