I suggest a campaign about ...

To ban the use and manufacture of bird-scaring canons. These are in use day and night here.

uSE OF THESE AT NIGHT RESULTS IN LITTLE OR NO SLEEP FOR MANY: EVEN DURING THE DAY IT CAUSES DISTRESS.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JOHNJOHN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GillGill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This campaign idea is very worthy. There are almost no legal restrictions on the use of these bird scaring devices and the volume at which they operate is outrageous. They are used primarily to deter pigeons but they will also be disturbing nesting birds of all species, especially the shy and sensitive farmland birds which are in decline, so there should be a ban on their use during the nesting season, at the very least. The psychological damage caused to residents within earshot of these devices is unacceptable and examples of comments from those affected can be seen on the National Farmers Union feedback page at http://www.nfuonline.com/News/Download-our-bird-scarer-guide/ The majority of farmers successfully grow their crops without using audible scarers so it is clear that there are alternatives and that these devices are not essential. I hope we can get a campaign going for the sake of all affected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base