I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop Greyhound Exports to China

The Irish Government plans to export Racing Greyhounds to China, a country which has one of the worst Human & Animal Rights Records in the world.
As an Irish Citzen & UK resident, I am appalled & embarassed to be Irish.
I appeal to all members to support a petition to present to the UK government in order for them to put pressure on the Irish government to abandon these plans.
What with the first ever upcoming visiit by the Queen, (a well-know dog & animal lover), to the Republic of Ireland shortly, an expose would be greatly embarassing to the newly formed coalition Irish Government.
A protest is being organised by Irish Greyhound Rescue in Dublin & the UK based www.greyhoundaction.org.uk, outside the Irish Embassy in London, dates to be announced.
Please help save these gentle & intelligent from a fate worse than death.

Thankyou.

897 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    helen maherhelen maher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

243 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CarolynCarolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stopped eating chinese food years ago when I found out what they did to animals. I also never buy anything that is made in China, whether it is clothing and never shoes and any product that has Made In China, essentially I have banned China from my shopping list and refused to support them in any way.

• CarolynCarolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a no no, - China is known for having dogs on their menu. There are millions of dogs in China already destined for the dinner table. DO NO ALLOW THIS.

• helen maherhelen maher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thankyou everyone for your continued support!
        This current campagin has now ended. Thanks to worldwide protests, the Irish government last year refused to allow the IGB to export greyhounds to China, requesting the IGB to 'adjust' their proposal to exclude export of live greyhounds there. However, the IGB are still petitioning the Irish Government for involvement in the setting up greyhound racing in China. If this is allowed to go ahead, exports of Irish greyhounds could inevitably follow.
        Please go to www.greytexploitations.com for updates on this issue & how you can help greyhounds internationally.

• Shirley StonesShirley Stones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes me sick to the stomach to think what will happen to these beautiful dogs, and the thousands a year that will be trashed if greyhound racing is started in China!

• Zoe BremerZoe Bremer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea. We need to tackle this as a matter of urgency. Oh, and boycotting Chinese imports would help.

• sylviasylvia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ban greyhounds going from Ireland to china. It would be like sending lambs to the slaughter!!!

• Hayley DennisHayley Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesnt bare thinking about.....would you send your child to a place where they are going to suffer and be exploited?????

• Carol ReinsCarol Reins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This disgusting sport ( in Florida they actually say the injuries to the greyhounds are minor ) that is to be exported to China is inhumane and will be all the more cruel in a country that knows no compassion towards humans, let alone animals.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-bail-out-for-irish-dog-tracks
        Why this is Important...
        Please sign here & also this petition. Thankyou!

GREY2K USA has recently learned that the Irish government may use money received from an international rescue package to subsidize dog racing and also to explore an expansion of the Irish industry into China!

In 2009, the Bord na gCon, a semi-state body responsible for the control and development of the greyhound industry in Ireland, received €13.6 million in government subsidies. In 2010, it received €11 million. Now, this racing proponent is seeking another €15 million – in part from an EU-IMF bail-out fund intended to help the Irish people. This outrageous use of public funds must be stopped.

For more information, visit the web site of Greyhound Compassion.

Please take a moment to sign and share our petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-bail-out-for-irish-dog-tracks
        Why this is Important...
        Please sign here & also this petition. Thankyou!

GREY2K USA has recently learned that the Irish government may use money received from an international rescue package to subsidize dog racing and also to explore an expansion of the Irish industry into China!

In 2009, the Bord na gCon, a semi-state body responsible for the control and development of the greyhound industry in Ireland, received €13.6 million in government subsidies. In 2010, it received €11 million. Now, this racing proponent is seeking another €15 million – in part from an EU-IMF bail-out fund intended to help the Irish people. This outrageous use of public funds must be stopped.

For more information, visit the web site of Greyhound Compassion.

Please take a moment to sign and share our petition.

• RosieRosie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame on the government for allowing this. Shame on people breeding puppies when there are so many beautiful dogs to be rehomed.

• dawn oliverdawn oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once we were ignorant of the abuse of animals, now we are informed, we can no longer turn a blind eye. Shame on any government for exploiting the animal kingdom in this way - for money of course.

• DorotaDorota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boycott China all the way. Do not buy anything coming from that country, do not eat in Chinese restaurants. Boycott stores that sell Chinese products. I know it sounds almost impossible but try. I am....

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to work as a kennel maid for racing greyhounds, they are a lovely breed. This is disgraceful, good luck with the protest

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base