I suggest a campaign about ...

Support a 'No' vote in the AV reforendum to stop Cornish towns becoming Devon Constituencies

If the AV bill goes ahead some Cornish towns will be handed over to Devon. We have been fighting for an amendment to the Bill to prevent this but lost in the house of lords by 29 votes. As it stands the bill needs to be changed, as at present it does not achieve what people think it will and the general public have not been given enough information. We need more clear information about it will work and what it will achieve before the bill can go ahead. Please help us here in Cornwall as our only chance now for retaining the existing Cornish border is a 'No' Vote in the AV reforendum. They made a concession for the Isle of Wight and some of the Scottish Islands; there was no reason why they couldn't do the same for the Cornish borders. Politically and economically it is important that all Cornish towns stay within the existing Cornish border and do not get moved across to Devon.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KHKH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lipsofasheslipsofashes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill has already been passed. The referendum will have no bearing on the boundary commission part.

The commission will present provisional boundaries at some point for public consultation. I suggest you raise the issue then, and in the meantime vote for a better, honest voting system.

Feedback and Knowledge Base