I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the sale of weapons to countries which are not democracies

As it has emerged that we licenced British arms manufacturers to sell weapons to Libya under Colonel Ghadaffi, it's clear that his play-play paper promise to never use them for repressing his own people was a lie - and more fool our government for believing him, if indeed they did actually believe him.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Glenn AbbottGlenn Abbott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ashley veeashley vee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it seems like there are a few campaign suggestions around this issue.... can we try and tie them all together so that they have more impact or at least all vote for each others. Unfortunately I've just started yet another one..... Suggestions as to how we word this and pull our resources together????

• Marcia Simpson-JamesMarcia Simpson-James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Baroness Elizabeth Symons used to be a Foreign Office minister. She sits of Libya's National Economic Development Board. She also sits on the board of MerchantBridge investment bank, as well as the Palestinian construction firm CCC UK. Nick Clegg's wife works for other middle-eastern and African dictators through law firm DLA Piper. They all have their fingers in the pie! Ladies? These women are no more than glamourous criminals and gangster's molls, with no honour or scruples! The weapons sale that they promote through these companies are used to kill and murder the most vulnerable people, who are simply fighting for the liberty and right to participate in their own lives. These women should hang their heads in shame!

Feedback and Knowledge Base