Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    e.polise.polis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A man who has been unemployed for 6 months and is seeking work ,with 6 children under 20 and a wife who is not seeking work, paying £1200 per year in Council Tax and £1200 per month to a private landlord will receive a tax free benefit of £806 per week; £41,902 per year. Clearly the minimum wage must be increased to make it worthwhile for him to work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The minimum wage is too low. It is not possible to survive on the minimum wage. It should be raised to at least £10.00 per hour. If this was done then less benefits would be needed to help them to live. Even this is too low.

• Jack DunnJack Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The minimum wage is a disgrace, we should campaign for a national living wage, those who hold the fabric of our society together such as care-workers and many others are paid a pittance whilst the greedy bankers, politicians and many other fat cats who created the financial crisis get their undeserved pay rises, bonuses, pensions and golden hanshakes, its a disagrace

• DilysDilys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following on from Alan Piercey - recently advertised jobs in banks, for front line service workers, are so low paid that banks are receiving subsidies through our benefits system. We complain that we cannot access information and help from them and they respond by increasing their work force to do this but rip off the tax credit system in the process.

• MFPAMFPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since "poverty" is commonly recognised as a household disposible income below 60% of the UK median household disposable income, the minimum wage should be set to give a full time worker an income above this level.

• Alan PierceyAlan Piercey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If people can do a full time job and not receive enough in wages to live a basic life style i.e. food, rent, clothes etc. and have to enter the benefit system then there is something fundamentally wrong. The tax payers are in fact subsidising the wage bills of companies that aren't willing to pay their workers a decent living wage. Didn't we abolish slavery all those years ago?

• e.polise.polis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if we're all going to be forced to have to accept crap jobs due to the ' big society' & the cuts then lets get a decent living wage for it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base