I suggest a campaign about ...

Citizens' Direct Democracy

We need more democracy in UK. Citizens’ direct democracy includes forms of governance in which the electorate decides on issues, matters of public concern, in addition to voting candidates for council or parliament.

Political power in CDD is exercised by “The People” although parliament and government continue to operate as well.

The term “citizens’ direct democracy” refers to forms of democratic decision-making which can be initiated by an agreed number of citizens and which can lead to a binding referendum. Thus citizens can identify, select and prioritise public issues, stipulate the wording of proposals and put proposals to the whole electorate of their state, city, town, village etc.. Examples of such procedures are:
- citizens’ law-proposal (initiative) leading to ballot,
- veto referendum,
- constitutional referendum and
- recall-initiative.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Max PriesemannMax Priesemann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert ReynoldsRobert Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In genuine democracy we will all be 'representing' each other, continuously 'accountable' to conscience. For genuine democracy, teach the conditions of democracy: secure income equality affording freedom of conscience, equal savings maximum ('my cup runneth over') for sustainable political equality. Imagine real freedom of speech, freedom to choose the better, not to be trapped in work of no real worth (or worse), knowing that all understand and choose co-operation. All 'good causes' can be expected to advance with genuine democracy. You can vote for a 38 degrees campaign - under Human Rights.

Feedback and Knowledge Base