I suggest a campaign about ...

Public Indifference to the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton

Today (31st January 2011), The Sun ran the front page headline 'Anarchists Target Wills and Kate' as part of a 'Sun Investigation' into actions planned by certain anarchist groups to disrupt the royal wedding.

This petition/campaign is not aimed at supporting the anarchists in their actions to do this, but to open the question to the great British public of 'Do We Really Care?' - There are already a few campaigns in regards to the cost of the wedding to the British taxpayer etc., but other than an extra day or so off from work, does the royal wedding really merit so much media attention?

This campign/petition is a chance to show your indifference to the royal wedding, and to the media who play it up as such an important occasion.

Please take the time to vote on this.

Thank You!

354 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous 3978Anonymous 3978 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    A SA S shared a merged idea: The Royal Family should meet the full cost of Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton.  ·   · 

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zoe BremerZoe Bremer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another example of a woman doing sod all once she's got married. Is she meant to be a role model?

• Marcia Simpson-JamesMarcia Simpson-James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Helen understand this, what happens in the NHS is affected by these characters. PS - You're right! This almost feels like a child's initiative.

• helenhelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am saddened that people think this more important than the loss of the NHS.
        Just dont go and flag wave with the rest of the serfs. Kate and Will are being cynically exploited by Cameron-just as much as the rest of us.

I'm disillusioned with 38 degrees - I though it was serious. Well done for getting people galvanised against the sale of the forests but decent public services are vital to everyone's well being-even to those who dont use them.
        Do well off people really want to live in gated communities, worrying how they can permanently insulate themselves from the masses-like the "masters of the universe" of thatcher's 80s? I was even going to contribute some money to you-but your pet projects are too twee for me. Sorry.

I am saddened that people think this more important than the loss of the NHS.
        Just dont go and flag wave with the rest of the serfs. Kate and Will are being cynically exploited by Cameron-just as much as the rest of us.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a campaign to work normally on the day and definitely not watch the TV coverage.

I'm off to Egypt for a holiday to avoid the fuss and support the Egyptian economy in a small way.

• Marcia Simpson-JamesMarcia Simpson-James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didn't I hear that Kate's uncle is a coke-head and a cocaine seller? And by the way, why does Harry and the other royals always look like they takes drugs?

• RPRP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe monarchy is the best form of government, and the royal family brings in loads of revenue from tourism as well as national pride for people like me. OK, maybe the lesser royals get more than they should, but the Queen is worth far more than we pay for her. I hope William will prove to be a great asset as well.

• EaredienEaredien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who cares?
        I don't.

I'm not intrested in some posh toffs getting married, They deffo are not in my marrage.
        They are not paying for my wedding, so why should I....

If they want us to take them seriously, then come back down from cloud cu-cu land, and get a REAL job. AND pay for it your selves....

grrrrrr

• martinmartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a campaigning republican the subject of all things monarchy is one of my pet gripes.Did you know that the queen cancelled all official engagements from the turn of the year until after the wedding? We get one day off while the royals give themselves 4 months off from their gruelling schedule of hand shaking and free tickets to major events.Why couldnt Heat magazine or Toffs monthly(made that one up) have sponsored the wedding of the wonderfully wealthy Willy Windsor to miss moneybags Middleton,in fact,given that Charley himself is a billionaire now, why hasnt he coughed up the cash? I am facing a pay cut this year while many of my fellow council workers are losing their jobs altogether,I would like to opt out of subsidising the whole fairytale farce,do you think they will let me?Naah. Check out Republic.org.uk for more info/ammo.

• AncientAncient commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

indifferent to the wedding, the media does tend wear us out with its focus on things endlessly, but a royal wedding is almost export commodity. but there are so many serious real issues going on in britain at the moment i hope this doesnt distract the public imagination for too long.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do support this idea but I am a bit sorry it is beating the 'Save ESOL' campaign! Cameron thinks multi culturalism has failed but withdrawing funds from English classes for migrants will make integration impossible for many.

• Gordon CraigGordon Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should we consolidate our votes to make them count and pick a campaign that best suits the "No Confidence/ General election vote?" I personally feel no confidence says it all and should then lead to a general election.

• robrob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bah! ran out of votes before I spotted this :(
        Parasites should be made to live on a sink estate & give all their dosh back to us - after all, we're all in this together.......

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i beleive that they are paying for the service (with money i'm pretty sure they get from us anyway.... in a roundabout way that is!) and we are meeting the costs of the security/police etc.... if they want extra security then they can get it themselves.... other 'clebritys' (which nowadays thats all they are) do!

• GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't know we (taxpayers) were footing the bill. What percentage are we supposed to be paying?

• Fay Kelly-TuncayFay Kelly-Tuncay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's crunch the numbers, "the Crown Estate today is valued at £6.6billion and includes prime streets such as Pall Mall and Regent Street in London. It has 265,000 acres of farm land, it owns quarries, forests and parkland.

Last year, the Estate handed over £211million to the Treasury and 15 per cent of that would be handed over to the Palace.

On current figures, this would yield much the same as the £33.3million Civil List. The Treasury say that in future years, this sum could be adjusted if it became too large or too small.

The Crown Estate also owns all the seabed out to 12 nautical miles. And from 2015, wind farms are likely to generate up to £250million a year for the Estate." (Daily Mail By MARTIN DELGADO and CHRISTOPHER LEAKE 24th October 2010)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base