I suggest a campaign about ...

fuel duty

The tax on our fuels has to be capped to save small businesses and low income families.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lee HancockLee Hancock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy RobertsAndy Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the VERY near future the government is due to increase the duty on fuel at the pumps by another 1p per litre; this is on top of the current average price of 130p per litre across the country! Add to this debacle the situation in Libya and the escalating problems there and very shortly the price at the pumps will be in the order of 190p to 200p per litre! This is a situation that will not only affect every household in the country with a car, but it will also start to adversley affect many thousands of small businesses that rely upon being able to service clients around the country by staff driving their own cars! Once the small businesses start to close then Mr Camerons vision of a growing economy with small businesses at the core of the growth, will start to fade, (as we are constantly being told that small businesses are the lifeblood of this country). We cant all be bankers and drive around in Gas Guzzlers paid for with over inflated bonus payments from banks owned by the Tax Payer, now can we? So come on Mr Cameron, do something positive about the price we have to pay at the pumps and STOP milking the motorist and destroying the businesses that you supposedly support, or you and your cronies will end up paying the price!

Feedback and Knowledge Base