I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban "kettling". It is a clear infringement of a democratic right. Call it: Don't Put the Kettle On.

1,918 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JanyaJanya shared a merged idea: Stop the police use of 'Kettling' tactics during protests and demonstrations.  ·   · 

425 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • andy peacherandy peacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE BATTLE FOR BRITAINS CHILDREN
        Nationwide Road Blockade Share July 24th 10am London M25
        Stop Children Being Stolen Trafficked Raped and used for financial gain by the government and local authorities taken away from loving families on the lie of future risk of emotional harm.
        Thanks to groups joining us all ready.
        https://www.facebook.com/events/245254805647244/245509018955156/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity EVENT PAGE
        Contact me now with your ideas
        Andy 07827731060 01469510558
        freedomtalkradio2013@gmail.com

We are consulting with 3 police forces and emergency services we have our own protest liason officer.

www.fredomtalkradio.co.uk

www.childrenscreamingtobeheard.com Evidence Here

July 24th 2014 The M25 Nation Wide Road Block Aid for the CHILDREN SCREAMING TO BE HEARD unless we do as the Lawyers and Barristers did on the 7th March 2014 to highlight the legal aid stoppage if they in their hundreds can block off the roads to Parliaments then we can block the M25 to give the silent witnesses a voice and to bring justice for the silent witnesses what a shame that the British people cannot be bothered to turn up on mass to put a stop to what is happening to babies and children for many who are abused and used by the Pedophiles and others if people only knew the truth of the abuse of the kids in care with no voices then Guy Faulkes would make an appearance on face book then all would come together and support the abused kids.

My thanks go to Andy Peacher who has organised the M 25 Blockage perhaps he is Guy Faulkes in disguise shame that Sid Hingerty Has to walk from Glasgow to Brussels at the age of 70 to wake up the world to these terrible issues. for the children screaming to be heard, at least we have an Australian pop group who has written and recorded the song for the silent witnesses CALLING ME CALLING YOU. So what of the British people who are they calling???????????????????????

Imagine the scenes, if all major highway networks throughout the UK were blockaded by thousands of motorists on the 24th of July. You didn't need much time to organise the petrol blockades did you? Organising something like this is just as doable. All major motorways and A roads are blocked. How many long distance lorry drivers do you know that have had their children stolen by the state? Start talking to them now and ask them to apply the same tactics as in the fuel crisis back in 2000. If we are to get the Governments attention and I mean full attention, then we must demonstrate how much power we do have. Thoughts please.
        Remember dads suffer a great deal when the mum stops or reduces contact parents are alienated against each other the state allows this This is never in a child's best interest.

Imagine blocking the entire road networks with protesters in their cars, vans, motor homes and lorries.....you did it with the rise in petrol, then lets do the same for our children. This will send the Government in to a blind panic. you protest about fuel, poll tax and blood sports but what about the children? All major roads blocked (except ALL HARD SHOULDERS) these must remain open for emergency personnel. It must be done peacefully. The mission is to get the whole country to stop working and bring disruption and chaos. Petrol prices, poll tax and blood sports matter but NOT as much as your children do.

I would offer an apology for the disruption this will cause for those who miss flights, work or leisure commitments , I wouldn't mean it. We need to hit them where it hurts like they do to us. Ignoring this simply is not an option. Lastly, imagine if we do this, how many countries can we get to do the same on the day?

You have the choice whether to work or not but, you didn't have a choice when they came and took you children away....

"CHOICE" - an act or instance of choosing or opportunity to choose. The child had no choice about going with the $social $services......

PLEASE GOOGLE CHILD STEALING BY THE STATE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2128987/Children-stolen-state.html
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10486452/Child-taken-from-womb-by-caesarean-then-put-into-care.html
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510371/Britains-130-000-absent-dads-One-fathers-lose-contact-children-earlier-relationships.html
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371704/Grandparents-legal-right-access-grandchildren-divorce.html

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In view of the disproprtionate kettling and arrest of anti-fascist demonstrators at the recent EDl gathering, this campaign is more relevant than ever.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Science does not support Kettling. The police should listen to scientists and chance policy according to studies that have been done. We'd see less trouble during peaceful protests, that is for sure.

Initially, I supported a couple of the 38 degrees campaigns having a good knowledge of the context and arguments. However, I started see campaigns that used sweeping statements and heavily journalist language. I wanted to support some of those campaigns but not through a lobbyist that lent itself to such stigma. I then began to question how exactly their campaigns came into being. I made several attempts to contact them about how this process worked but received no form of reply. Through looking at articles about 38 degrees, it turns out the campaign ideas have to be approved by the 38 degrees panel. They have exploited this power, largely for their own agenda where they approved campaigns with multiple times less votes than campaigns they haven't approved. There is also a woeful lack of transparency in where 38 degrees receives its funding.
        Spread the message and spread the link
        http://www.iaindale.com/posts/38-degrees-selfish-self-absorbed-arrogant-ignorant-manipulative-hugely-successful

• PollyPolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears our rights as democratic people are slowly being eroded; our right of freedom to protest, our right to have our voices heard over the future of the NHS, and our right to be able to eat a pasty hot and not have to wait for it to go cold...what next?

not sure about this proposal. i think we get the society we deserve. people should behave themselves properly. what we need is a naughty step. instead of kettling put them on the naughty step for 20 mins

Kettling serves many purposes;

It instantly draws media attention to the scene.

It requires less police resources than other methods of crowd supervision.

Denied food, water and adequate toilet facilities peaceful groups inevitably will become angry and frustrated eventually their protest will become simply a large group of people that wish to leave the 'kettle'. This will lead to confrontation and eventually violence. This serves to justify the police tactic they having contained violent protesters to protect 'society'.

The prospect of being 'Kettled' will potentially deter some protesters from taking part in future peaceful demonstrations.

Also and perhaps most importantly it helps to invalidate the cause of the protesters who have now become an 'angry mob'

The media's attention will be drawn away from the issue that invoked the protest as it will concentrate or the 'more news worthy' story of large scale civil unrest, the actions of the crowd and 'superficially' the police will be scrutinised and no doubt be discussed on daytime TV and eventually will fuel demands (who from?) for more, stronger and increasingly draconian police powers.

• R CarterR Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought that the E.U court of human rights had already ruled that it was an illegal form of collective punishment, as if that would stop the British police.
        2012 is make or break year lets go for it.

• Adam RaggAdam Ragg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anybody with two braincells to rub together should be able to realise that kettles boil over if you apply too much pressure. The Met need to stop going out looking to make examples of people and start acting like public servants. Protect and Fucking Serve.

• Colin EptonColin Epton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have a right to peaceful protest. Kettling is an infringement of that right. It doesn't work either, the police claim that they do it to prevent demonstrations turning violent, but bottling people up for hours on end and not allowing them to leave causes tremendous frustration, which can easily lead to violence.

• Red DavieRed Davie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My father once told me a story he had heard from a man at a bar during his student days. This man had once worked as a police instructor, turning cadets into coppers. And one day he asked his class, "What is the primary purpose of a police officer?" and one of the cadets said, "To protect the British way of life". The instructor corrected him saying, "No, to uphold the law". The cadet probably ended up police commisioner while the instructor most likely died an idealistic, penniless tramp.
        The moral of this story? I haven't a fucking clue

• nobodynobody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes banning ketteling should be done because you cant rely on police to do anything probably there will always be abuse were power is given.
        Just look at that poor newspaper seller just wanting to get home but was repeatedly ketteled back then struck to the ground by someone one given power over others its cases like the tomlinson case that brings out the worse in people who are given power over others

• rotregrotreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The police are out of control. They should be here to protect us not business.

• ChikoChiko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kettling is an affront to human dignity and human rights. Time to put this practice to an end, methinks.

• Anne McCrossanAnne McCrossan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kettling is a deeply anti-social practice, an abuse of power and also a severe curtailment of freedom of expression and human rights. It has no place in a democratic civil society.

• Ray ThomasRay Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kettling is clearly against human rights and does not do what it claims to do. the claimed purpose is to enclose violent protesters so that they tire themselves out, in practice all it serves to do is enclose violent protesters with peaceful protesters making the violent more violent and angering the peaceful turning them violent.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base