I suggest a campaign about ...

The coalition "are considering" assessing children in their DLA shake up.

In the DLA reform white paper they are "considering" reassessing disabled children, as well as adults. Not only do they want to cut the benefits bill by chucking of disabled adults they want to do the same to children. They have also sneeked in an item on carers allowance "they are looking at it" ie going to means test or abolish. In this proposal you also have the right to "ask" for an appeal. Not saying you will get an appeal, but you have the right to ask for one. Picking on the disabled and vulnerable is discusting.

2,496 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    crazymumcrazymum shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames shared a merged idea: A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society.  ·   · 
    Johnny ChattertonJohnny Chatterton responded  · 

We’re looking into a technical problem with the suggest a campaigns system.

Last night we merged this with another DLA campaign after being asked to by the people who had originally created the suggestions. This follows on from previous problems we had with merging campaigns.

Unfortunately last night there was a problem with the system and when we merged the campaigns thousands of votes were removed from the total.

I’m really sorry this happened. We’re looking into this and trying to sort it out.

586 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gillgill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to another thread, it was never sorted & emails were ignored. It was only a couple of short threads & my posts disappeared from my history.
        38 appear to have their own agenda going on. Maybe still on an ego trip from the forest campaign "we did it", who knows??
        Decent benefit help @ http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

They certainly have not handled the Media Bias well. Perhaps they just needed some campaigns to take lead as it had been 1st ranked for months.

• Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're working really hard on getting this issue sorted out, we understand how many people feel angry about this and are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Sophie and the 38 Degrees team

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

message from david babbs -
        Quick update on the problems with our "Campaigns Suggestions Forum", which people raised at the weekend:

We've been trying to press "undo" on all the changes by restoring everything to how it was on Friday and can't get it to work. Which is a pain. So we're going to have to try to fix it manually - will start working on... that this afternoon.

Sorry about this and thanks for your patience.

• megalithicmegalithic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excuse me - you can't just change the title - the changes for adults are critically important too!

• MarionMarion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am wondering when the mess with this campaign will be sorted out. The only reason it is second ranked is because the best part of 2000 votes for the campaign to stop the abolition of disability allowance a measure of a civilized society, the second ranked campaign on this site where deleted and added to this campaign. why would someone move that many votes to one that perhaps had a few hundred. Please sort this out

• Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After commenting on the newly listed campaign I emailed 38 degrees over 8 hours ago asking for an explanation and for the situation to be remedied. I have had no reply. Much as I agree with the above it is not a campaign it is a statement of complaint. Who in their right mind would undermine my original camapaign idea and transfer the votes to this? To say it does not inspire confidence is to put it mildly. David Babbs said yesterday on Facebook that he would sort out the mess caused by the amalgamation of votes by a volunteer but on the face of it has done nothing. You would think that as this is the campaign that was running second and garnering lots of votes it would be worth sorting out!

• But You Look AlrightBut You Look Alright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This petition has got to the 2nd ranked spot only by reassigning nearly 2000 votes over 2 months from the "Campaign to Stop the Abolition of Disability Allowance". 38 degrees promised this issue would be sorted out but still we have heard nothing. You are treating the genuinely sick and disabled living in fear for their very lives with as much contempt as the government does. Do we need to take back our votes from this page or are you going to sort it for us? A reply would be nice.

• LindenLinden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a post 38 degrees put on their Facebook page:
        "Hello David Babbs here. I'm sorry about the issues with the Campaigns Suggestions forum. Here's what happened:

On Friday one of our volunteers was tasked on Friday with looking at the possibility of duplicate suggestions on uservoice and mer...ging them to avoid votes being split, people getting confused etc.

It seems like he may have got slightly carried away and done rather more than i had expected! I suspect we probably didn't give clear enough instructions.

I will look into and get it fixed as soon as I can - I'm hoping I can just undo the changes which were made on Friday but won't be able to check to get into the office tomorrow morning.

So, I'm really sorry and totally get why people are annoyed about this. But can promise you it is nothing sinister, just a mistake - we are a pretty new organisation with only three staff who are all currently a bit tired after the forests campaign - lots still to learn!"
        so i'm waiting to see what happens!

'bumping' this up the comments list for those who might miss it
        To remove your vote go to the top left hand of page where it says number of votes , underneath is an orange box saying three votes or whatever you voted, click on this and it will give you the vote options and you can take your votes back to zero. You can then put them on the restarted campaign.Please do it,don't give in!!

• mikeob2mikeob2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to make it clear that I restarted this campaign under it's original title in disgust at the arbitrary merging of this campaign with that of Andrew Patrick Longworth-Dames' original campaign suggestion. I think I replicated his word for word, but I must emphasise that it was his original campaign.

I await some response from 38 Degrees on this issue though.

• King FrogKing Frog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thank you so much 38 degrees for shafting us. I'm out of here! I will move my votes but I will NEVER trust this site again! P*** up and brewery spring to mind.

mikeob2 has resubmitted the original as a new campaign idea so i have just removed the votes from here and put them on there. BUT it should not have come to that in the first place should it, grrrr.

To replace a campaign idea with a complaint. How can that be a mistake? The above is a statement and one that I agree with but it does not suggest a campaign. Like you I would like to know the rationale behind the removal of my campaign idea but mistake? Maybe incompetence but if that is the case it does not inspire confidence. Sadly I think we have been sabotaged. Whatever, given the number of people who have already voted, I think it is outrageous that no explanation has been forthcoming,

• judyjudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my worry is if people remove their votes and it turns out to be a mistake, then your /our campaign will end up with fewer votes than it should have!! this really is a bit of a mess.... come on 38 degrees - please give us an answer!!

I would have thought like you that if they are going to interfere with a campaign idea and replace it with a complaint then an explanation would be forthcoming. The above is not what members voted for. I find it insulting. I sent them an email asking for them to remove my membership. No reply to that so I can keep complaining!!!!!!

• judyjudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we should maybe give 38 degrees a chance to respond - they probably don't look at this page that often...? however, if they removed the original campaign they should have put an explanation on the page at least!

Feedback and Knowledge Base