I suggest a campaign about ...

100k signatures in support of Wikileaks

Tory policy on “Cleaning up politics” states that "will ensure that any petition that secures 100,000 signatures will be eligible for formal debate in Parliament”. I would like 38 Degrees to have a campaign whichs seeks 100,000 signatures expressing support for Wikileaks in exposing the endemic cynicism curruption in national governments, especially the US, UK and Russia.

175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jan BennettJan Bennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis LeggettDennis Leggett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A petition to Parliament to debate this case and its implications for true freedom of speech offers a positive campaign focus.

Dennis Leggett

• Marcia Simpson-JamesMarcia Simpson-James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure about the charges, but it seems more than a coincidence that since wikleaks started to come in strong, these electric charges have been levelled against its founder. I've learned a lot from the leaks, and intend to learn more. If these women are allowing themselves to be used as honey-pots, they should be hung drawn and quartered. On the other hand, if there is any truth to these charges, then they must be answered. Wikileaks is truly a gift to the people, which we must use...and use well.

• Gordon CraigGordon Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should we consolidate our votes to make them count and pick a campaign that best suits the "No Confidence/ General election vote?" I personally feel no confidence says it all and should then lead to a general election.

• AnneAnne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is becoming more important by the day. The US global manhunt for Julian Assange, coupled with his assets being frozen, is complete madness. We need to support his whistleblowing, not allow the US government to vilify him!

• Karla LindquistKarla Lindquist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In one week, WikiLeaks has given us more information and insight into the workings of our Government than the Government itself has EVER done. Governments are meant to serve the people, not rule them from behind an iron curtain. This IS the 'free world', isn't it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base