I suggest a campaign about ...

Legal Aid

The government has announced that it is to restrict the availability of legal aid for certain kinds of case.

This not only represents the latest attack on the poor by a Government of millionaires but also prejudices the Article 6 rights of those of limited means to achieve a fair hearing.

Campaign now to oppose the cuts in Legal Aid

6,578 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fair Justice for AllFair Justice for All shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1506 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Clita JohnroseClita Johnrose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Legal Aid introduced after WW2. Designed to close down the huge inequalities between the rich and poor and to enable the poor to receive the same level of legal protection as the rich. Shame on you Kenneth Clarke. Shame on you!

Legal Aid introduced after WW2. Designed to close down the huge inequalities between the rich and poor and to enable the poor to receive the same level of legal protection as the rich. Shame on you Kenneth Clarke. Shame on you!

• Cathy GallagherCathy Gallagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Savings made on cutting legal aid are a false economy: the arbitrary cuts will result in increased costs to health and other public services as people become ensnared in higher debt, homelessness, unemployment and ill health

• Jo MonkJo Monk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The poor already struggle to get access to justice - the proposed legal aid cuts are too deep.

• JacquelineJacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE MAY I REMIND THAT POSTING COMMENTS IS NOT VOTING. YOU NEED TO PRESS 'VOTE' UP ON THE LEFT HAND CORNER . THANKS!

• JacquelineJacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being subjected to severe medical negligence and abuse over several years and left with little help.... where is the legal aid? It is criminal that these doctors can get away with murder because us patients have no legal aid to assist us with complicated cases. As ill as I am, i am having to have to fight this on my own. This can't be right and must be rectified asap!

• john cleggjohn clegg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everybody should have the right to legal representation not just the wealthy , the right to legal representation should be at the heart of a democratic society and a basic human right .Keep campaigning .

• Sheila HolderSheila Holder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although the abuse of legal aid is apparant, it serves a purpose which is everyone has the right to legal representation. Legal aid is a must in a democratic society.

• john nicholsonjohn nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

proper legal advice and representation is vital for those who cannot afford to pay to ensure their rights to employment, housing, immigration status

• Kate MidjekKate Midjek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone in a democracy is entitled to a fair hearing - enhance Legal Aid provision rather then reduce it. This not only represents the latest attack on the poor by a Government of millionaires but also prejudices the Article 6 rights of those of limited means to achieve a fair hearing

• Mike MpofuMike Mpofu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Legal Aid should be the top priority. Many people are in the limbo withiout any proffessional representation. This is not part of good democracy being preached to other countries by our learned leaders.

Feedback and Knowledge Base