Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • paul hughespaul hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This legislation needs to be kept and strengthened.The Conservatives are determined to bring this barbaric 'sport' back to Britain.If we don't stand up to them they will ensure yet more of our wildlife is killed.2012 could be the year when thousands of Badgers are slaughtered and wild animals are ripped to pieces by packs of dogs.Is this really the Britain we all want to live in?

• Andrew FallanAndrew Fallan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Labour government did a very good thing by outlawing this disgraceful and shameful activity. It must remain illegal!

• SandraSandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a barbaric "sport" and shouldn't be allowed to start again. Lets fight to stop it please.

• charmen@hummelz.comcharmen@hummelz.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Government's reasoning to reintroduce Foxhunting. or at least make it legal again, was because the law introduced by the Labour party was not enforceable. That is not a good enough reason to allow the barbaric way of killing any living being, not even a fox. What rights do the privileged have to induce unimaginable pain and suffering onto another being, who's only objective is to live. Why do this country want to gain or continue the reputation of indulging in blood sport for pure pleasure. Surely that is against our christian beliefs and humanity.

The reason the law has not been properly enforced, is because the police officers, chief of police and judges themselves or their friend are involved in foxhunting with hounds.

Rather then removing the ban against foxhunting, I challenge this government to strengthen the law against fox hunting. Otherwise the next thing this government is going to tell us, that the law against murder, paedophilia, theft is not fully enforceable at all time, therefore they should abandon such law .

• Jayne FalconerJayne Falconer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an outdated sport which serves no purpose except killing for fun to some very sick people. They have an inferiority complex and they need to feel powerful. It's an internal problem that no amount of killing animals would ever cure.

• Gwyn LawGwyn Law commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fox-hunting has got to be one of the most pointless, barbaric 'sports' going. The ban should stay. I used to live in an area where fox-hunting was rife - many of the hounds that had strayed from the pack were left running around the streets and busy roads, local pets were in desperate danger (the pack hounds have little control once the hunt begins) - there are too many reasons why this should stay banned and not one good reason why it should be repealed.

• Ros SweeneyRos Sweeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having seen the stories about hunters allowing their hounds to be run over by cars, trains etc, the hunting fraternity give not more of a damn about their hounds than they do about the foxes they hunt.

As for people only going on hunts because they could not afford the land to properly ride their horses...I doubt this very much to be honest.

Fox hunting didn't create anything at all, except an exceptionally cruel way to kill an animal. Please give me the numbers of farmers who have committed suicide due to lack of company? May I suggest that they should not have become farmers. For somebody who is not a hunt enthusiast, Blue, you seem to know a lot about it and your views are very slanted.

There are many ways to keep foxes away from chickens etc, if people would spend the money on doing so. However, they would prefer to chase an animal, block its means to escape, if it does find a means to escape, send a terrier down after it, and it runs out to certain death. Yes, a very humane 'sport' indeed.

• blueblue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dont really have an opinion on this one save to say that I know of over 400 hounds that have been put down because of maybe 3 foxes and also due to the loss of the kennels and the countryside managment that indeed helps to create, new habitats for all sorts of wild animals will not be created. I do offer the suggestion that People who live in large towns and cities get their foxes culled by secret council groups now, should not really have an opinion as they have no idea what social impact it has on the farming community or indeed the countryside as a whole. This includes the farmers who commit suicide through never having any contact with anyone outside of the farm anymore. It also includes the unsung keeps of the countryside kennel masters, hunt organisers and followers. I am not a hunt enthusiast and know of better ways to spend my Boxing day but have read enough about the release of the mink amoungst other things to realise that just because some people think things are wrong doesnt always mean that they themselves are correct. Fox hunting created much more than it destroyed and that if a flat fact even though you never read it in any news paper.

• Charmaine MorganCharmaine Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. The loss of fox hunting has proven civilised people can enjoy cross country events without the necessary killing of foxes. When I visited a hunt prior to the bill preventing fox hunting I was advised that people only went on hunts because they could not afford the land to properly ride their horses. Make the land more accessible to more people.

Feedback and Knowledge Base