I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop EU legislation wiping out ancient and effective traditional herbal medicinal cultures

It's serious and it's imminent. After April 2011 lots of herbs from traditional cultures (Chinese medicine, Ayurveda) will disappear unless we campaign hard. We have to stop EU legislation steam-rollering traditional medicinal cultures in Europe.

647 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pat ThoumePat Thoume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I afraid it's all about money
        Sign the petitions, there are plenty going around.

I have just read the paper back book called "Skewed" by Martin J Walker
        Shocking!!

• AnneAnne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And again the legislaters try to control our freedom......... so it continues....

• julian Marshalljulian Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is criminal greed on the part of the drug companies and will rob us of our choice to maintain our health in the manner we see fit. Please sign.

• Anna BerzollaAnna Berzolla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This legislation threatens our rights to choose how we heal ourselves - no-one has the right to dictate what our options should be - is this really the 21st century - only we can choose to make a stand and demand our rights

• Leigh ArthurLeigh Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Herbal medicine has been in existence since time immemorial. How dare the powers that be remove our right to practice it!

• Claire McIntyreClaire McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who has MS and relies very much on alternative therapies, supplements and superfoods I really don't want to give up my freedom of choice on this one!! There is no way that I would touch the pharmaceutical drugs ever... !

• Hazel DaviesHazel Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My body, my health, my choice. I use western medicine aswell as herbal medicine depening on the severity of my illness. Herbal medicine is always my first choice and i find it very effective. It is not right to take this choice away from people. No one is being harmed from hebal medicines.

• AdeleAdele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This legislation is against human rights. These are natural herbs that have been used safely for thousands of years.

• georgegeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is necessary to facilitate donations. Not everyone has paypal profile..

• georgegeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is necessary to facilitate donations. Not everyone has paypal profile..

• Julie PilipczukJulie Pilipczuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is our right to chose what supplements we wish to take. By taking supplements (which I pay for) saves me going to the Doctors and taking medication which of course would need to be paid for by the NHS so I am saving them money.

• Colin GottColin Gott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dictatorships happen because there is not enough group consciousness. This will all end up like Red Square August '91, but this time it will be in Brussels, once they go too far with controlling our lives, and start telling us what they will allow us to eat. Oh no! They already have!

• Andrea FranksAndrea Franks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it is outragous, it is our human right to take which supplement we want/require. I am not happy that I will not be able to purchase the products that help me live each day, help me get out of bed and live as normal a life as possible. Are they trying to kill us off early, by not allowing us to have the health supplements we need.

• Andrea FranksAndrea Franks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should stage a protest. Where would we need to go with our banners and how many people could we get together.......

• linda9447linda9447 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another disgraceful attempt to undermine natural substances and remedies. Today natural substances are suspect and drugs seen as the answer to every ailment. Street drugs are not the real problem, it is prescription drugs. Drugs = sickness and/or death! The human body has the innate wisdom to heal itself and natural remedies and therapies help to restore balance. Just like here in the USA, I believe this is about controlling access to healthy alternatives and selling more drugs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base