I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop EU legislation wiping out ancient and effective traditional herbal medicinal cultures

It's serious and it's imminent. After April 2011 lots of herbs from traditional cultures (Chinese medicine, Ayurveda) will disappear unless we campaign hard. We have to stop EU legislation steam-rollering traditional medicinal cultures in Europe.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • amandaamanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a ridiculous law...this government needs to give itself a reality check!!

• amandaamanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a ridiculous law...this government needs to give itself a reality check!!

• elixir smoothieelixir smoothie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's all about control and annihilation of the masses. If we give in big pharma wins and
        our children and grandchildren will not have the freedom we had as children when organic was conventional food and herbs were the things we ate and drunk because it was just something we naturally did. I dream that one day this will be once again.

• ShazzieShazzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"The law is illegal" Why... when over 100,000 ppl in the USA die every year of PHARMACEUTICALS as taken according to their doctor's instructions, WHY are our herbs being PHARMACEUTICALISED? The drugs don't work. I have never relied on them for my health as an adult and I don't intend to. Leave our herbs alone and do something useful with your time and our money. PLEASE sign the ANH's campaign, they are taking the gov to court over this and the novel foods ABSURD laws. PLEASE spread this to everyone you know. Your right to real health, real supplements and real food is being diminished day by day, which contravenes the Universal Declaration Of Human Rights Act as I've outlined here http://shazzie.com/blog/real-food-and-herbs-banned-in-europe-and-the-uk/ Please take action now in all the ways suggested to you by those trying to change this. Thanks, and LOVE, even to BIG PHARMA because that's all we have, in the end. Shazzie.

• nickynicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lets get rid of pharmaceuticals & keep the old traditional remedies after all herbs & old remedies rarely produce side effects unlike pharms. so logic says ...

• Julia EdwardsJulia Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've signed various petitions and emailed politicians, some of whom have replied, saying they are as concerned as I am - if only!

• chris Maguirechris Maguire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This onslaught on our natural freedom of choice is transparent in it's motive and must be resisted by all with heart and mind for any independent thought.

• Andrea LaceAndrea Lace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop this nonsense now, you are undermining our freedoms and choices again with bureaucratic misinformed jargon and rulings. Fed up to the back teeth of your petty legislation so back off and leave us to use the brains we were given. Stop making decisions for us.
        than you.

• Linda WalkerLinda Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used herbal medicine for many many years without the side effects and dangers so common with pharmaceutical medications. In the past 10 or more years I have had excellent results from both Ayurvrdic & TCM in reducing & controlling high blood pressure, and in clearing a skin condition that my GP said he could do nothing to help except relieve any pain or itch with powerful steroids. TCM had the condition clear within a few weeks using herbs & acupuncture. These healing systems have been used for thousands of years safely, while the medicines prescribed by our western doctors have only been around for a ridiculously short period in comparison yet with a horrendously long list of side effects and deaths. Where are the 'human rights ' lobby in this fight? Having freedom to choose how we look after our health is a basic right of all humans.

Feedback and Knowledge Base