I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop EU legislation wiping out ancient and effective traditional herbal medicinal cultures

It's serious and it's imminent. After April 2011 lots of herbs from traditional cultures (Chinese medicine, Ayurveda) will disappear unless we campaign hard. We have to stop EU legislation steam-rollering traditional medicinal cultures in Europe.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tom ellistom ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why must we destroy our past in order to create our future? It's crazy and unnecessary...... unless pharmaceuticals want to destroy the competition, and
        prisons don't have enough inmates in them already.

• George pinnellGeorge pinnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How ridiculous that tried and trusted remedies are likely to be denied to us. Supporters may also wish to see http://www.savenaturalhealth.eu/ and sign their petition. Yet our own government allows deliberate contamination of our drinking water, by way of fluoridation schemes. This imposes a toxic waste product on over 5 million people in England, with no medical products licence, without consent and often without our knowledge! See http://38degrees.uservoice.com/forums/78585-campaign-suggestions/suggestions/1156301-stop-adding-flouride-to-our-water-supplies-flouri?ref=title

• ConorConor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pharmaceuticals are the most corrupt in the world no doubht,Choosing to keep medicine at a premium instead of helping people. I assume the Rupert Murdochs of this world are just as happy to support this and not bring it to peoples attention in the same was as they do over the nuclear supporters
        Scumbags the lot of you

• Yianni ViolarisYianni Violaris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I oppose this new EU directive. To regulate natural plant medicines in such a way is an abuse of our human rights and an attack on Mother Earth. This is one of the most blatant moves by Big Pharma to hijack the alternative medicine market and crash the plane. I'm astounded by their audacity.

• RacquelRacquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Screw you fuckers! Trying to make us into slaves to the government and medicine that will kill us rather than help us! They want us to be on 100 pills a day by the end of our lives and who's benefiting from that other than greedy pharmacieutical companies? This must be stopped!

• AmandaAmanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have always enjoyed a healthy life style using natural medicine and good nutritional choices. I resent being told that I cannot live my life as I choose. I will not be subservient to this facism.

• Dr.Nyra HirschenbergDr.Nyra Hirschenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an m.d.
        scool medicin aided by multy billion farmaceutic companies are killing millions of folks over the globe--those companies greed is insatiable.

• beebee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hope its not too late or that we get great at growing n stuff..

• Peter SmithPeter Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha ha. Go ahead fools. Impose your senseless bans. Dictate to us our choices. Fuel the revolution.

• Sybilla Sybilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is my right to choose whether to use herbal medicines and far preferable to the phamaceutical route where the medicines really do have serious and damaging side effects.

• sarahsarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see no rhyme or reason for this, expect that is allows pharmaceutical company's to take the monopoly in health care.

• Sue WhitneySue Whitney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I choose to use complementary medicine, that is my choice, and it is abusing my right as a human being to deprive me of that choice.

• Damian FearnsDamian Fearns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally recommend the use of herbal and chinese medicine over and above its chemical alliopathic counterpart due to personal experience of healing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base