I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop EU legislation wiping out ancient and effective traditional herbal medicinal cultures

It's serious and it's imminent. After April 2011 lots of herbs from traditional cultures (Chinese medicine, Ayurveda) will disappear unless we campaign hard. We have to stop EU legislation steam-rollering traditional medicinal cultures in Europe.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Veronica-Mae SoarVeronica-Mae Soar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello jessica - For the moment things seem ok as I can get good quality stuff imported by local companies. meanwhile I keep pounding away at my MEP (who IS sympathetic) If we ALL did that there is a chance that "they" might realise they have made a big mistake, and loosen up on the legislation. Not much use making our points here, we must target those who can make a difference. Flood them with angry e-mails and letters which they cannot ignore. .

• JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey veronica, I wouldnt be so sure of US products, Codex was implemented there long befor ewe started the process here. You have arsenic contamination in may areas, I'm sure you've heard about american long grain rice? I'm also being led to believe that importing will be restricted also but the UN site baout this is a labyrinth

• Veronica-Mae SoarVeronica-Mae Soar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just flagged up (to my MEP) the first of the little companies which has had to cease trading, and pointed out that there will be others; and that apart from the loss of jobs we shall now be forced to purchase from America if we want our herbs unadulterated, so our money will be going abroad instead of into our economy. MPs take "loss of jobs" and "cash going abroad" much more seriously than they take our health and our freedom to choose.

• JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, if you have a look at the stuff they're producing on the UM site about this, you'll see for yourself that YES! Officially you wont be allowed to grow your own herbs.......... Its already the case in the US, how it would be policed I just dont know. With everythign I've read this seem more baout nutrinial restriction rather than will be of nay help. Many of these "supplements" are in fact viable food sources. many of these things could be bought as "veg" etc and added to our diet more safely. I appreciate that in some ways this would stop you buying a bottle of something and ensuring exactly what is on the label is inside, but it means smaller people with good products will be whats lost and again we'll eat whats fed us by large companies and pharm's. Considering we know that lots of foods can cure many symptoms and also reversing things that cost the NHS lots in drugs that could be dealt with via diet. If we had good clean food with the right nutrition we'd have less instances of cancer for a start. Psoarisis can bemanaged with diet as opposed to drugs, sleep disorders, again many can be dealt with through a good diet or natural things such as hops, lavender, milk, low gi foods, cherries too. The evidence is overwhealming and I cannot understand why we're are giving free rein to be medicalted by companies that what profit not people??

• RheaRhea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Herbal medicine has been benefiting me for as long as I can remember and I would never use a chemical, synthetic drug to treat any illness, although many others might make that choice. The laws must NEVER restrict freedom of choice. I need the freedom to choose what supplements and medicines I want to buy to treat my health problems and no government can claim to know more about what is good for me unless they have spent their whole life in research and hence I strongly oppose this legislation.

• Caroline SargeantCaroline Sargeant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new legislation is taking away our rights to take care of our own health and make our own decisions. I rely on several supplements to take care of my ailments and will be at a loss when they are no longer available, as I refuse to take synthetic medication provided by the so called health service.

• angela bakerangela baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used alternative treatments forever,i am 61. if these are banned they will go underground and there will be some very dodgy dealers out there selling fake medicinals

• Michael Stanley-BakerMichael Stanley-Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • Ed GroenhartEd Groenhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Freedom of choice, freedom of thought, freedom of will. Europe beware: This is facism without the Nazis

• omoafroomoafro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is scandalous! Amazing what Big Pharma and the EU fatcat Beaurocrats can dream up between them to keep the BIG Bucks rolling in unchecked!!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as it's chinese herbs and not ground fang of tiger or it's testicle etc. I am ALL for OPOSING this EU legislation....

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

next they will be telling us we cant grow our own herbs.

there are some other similar campaigns for herbal medicinal products; they should all be grouped together

• Rex MottersheadRex Mottershead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is outright fascism no matter what disguises it wears. Clearly the frogs are now paying the price for failing to notice when they were being boiled alive, slowly. It seems that the conspiracy theorists were right all along. I take back my past doubts and any remaining vestiges of support for the EU. This is real evil doing its work through corrupt and stupid bureaucrats.

• Gerry KennyGerry Kenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We elected the legislators, We can elect their replacements.
        Every intelligent person knows that Herbal Medicine always has been safer than Alopathic medicine, over thousands of years+++ There is Your PROOF of Safety if it is needed

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base