I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop the indignity of cleaners accessing opposite sex toilets while in use to safeguard children

Privacy & dignity is being eroded under the guise of equality by poor/unsafe cleaning practices (eg knocking/calling as they enter) which allow cleaners to access opposite sex toilets/changing rooms without giving people chance to exercise their legal right to object before decency is compromised. This causes severe embarassment/distress and may result in a child, old enough to go to toilet by themselves.being alone in a state of undress/using a toilet/urinal and frightened by the unexpected presence of an opposite sex worker (not CRB checked?. In the absence of same sex workers, there should be robust occupancy checks, e.g, warning signs giving times of cleaning, time allowed for users to finish (minimum 5 mins), checking by same sex worker/user before cleaner enters and cleaners should leave if someone comes in to use facility to avoid compromising situations/harassment for service users and cleaners.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)