I suggest a campaign about ...

Petition the Queen to pay off the nation's deficit

Petition the Queen to pay off the nation's deficit - as she is the richest person and biggest landowner in the world. If she doesn't want to use her own money could sell some of the treasures that other nations have awarded us as tokens of friendship between our nations - let us benefit from these gifts instead of them being locked away in her palaces gathering dust.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminAdmin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have only said what myself and my husband have been saying for a while. I will go further and say why does she need an increase in her allowance? Why does she need so many palaces?

• AncientAncient commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve is very much correct, in his assertions that far enough back nearly all property is based on theft from a greater commons, but the other thing to remember is that they are "our" over privileged messy family of lineage obsessives, they are a slight historical anachronism, but i personallyI wouldn't have it very different from how it is.

• AncientAncient commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol we owe as a nation around 4.8 trillion, more than the value of all the homes in the land, the royals are in no way rich enough to make even a small dent ? And would you like to see all the royal assets and national treasures in the hands of the foreign wealthy, without the heritage, tradition and obligation the current royals display, think about it, the alternatives are often worse.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where did Kings and Queens get their money in the 1st place?

Go back in history and you will see that a conquering force, invaded a country, declared their selves the King or Queen and then taxed the people for the priveledge.

If you had an army of people and could take on the power on the throne you could then be the King or Queen, try that nowadays and you will get slapped in prison.

According to the information that I have seen, the true King of England lives in Australia, as somewhere along the way, an illegitimate King was put on the throne which is supposed to be against the morals of being on the throne in the 1st place.

Personally from what I have told you here, I don't think any country should have roayalty!

• Michael JohnsonMichael Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Paul says below, please get your facts straight. Your current suggestion makes no sense because its based on false premises.

• Paul WarrenPaul Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally disagree with your facts. The Queen, as a public person, receives gifts from foreign governments, but these are auctioned and the money is given to charity. As a private individual, she is entitled to keep control of the assests her family has accrued over the centuries, just as you are. Yes, her family has had some good jobs, but they've also had some nasty incidents. The fact is, most of her family assets (the Crown Estates) are being run by the government and the proceeds go into the public purse. In return for this, the Royal Family receive the Civil List payment - but that's all spent on their public duties. So overall, the Queen not only pays the highest taxes in the country, she also owns the only profit-making department of the government.

• Andrew ChadwickAndrew Chadwick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Silly idea and your stated facts are wrong, The Duke of Westminster is much richer and indeed owns the leasehold on Buckingham Palace.

Richest in the world currently Carlos Slim Helu (Mexican telecoms billionaire) followed by Bill Gate (Microsoft) and Warren Buffet (Investor).

Ol' Queenie isn't even a billionaire with a paltry £349 million in her coffers, no wonder she looks so miserable!

• madge345madge345 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bit harsh, we shouldn't take all the queen's money just because she's been sensible with it and bought plenty of property, rather than splashing out on her credit card like we all have.

• ukbixukbix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

course she has not.

Even if everything she had was sold, it would not even make a dint in the deficit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base